Ingredients: 8 baby abalone (shucked and cleaned); 2 cloves garlic; 1T sweet soy sauce, 1 t dark soy sauce, 1 T olive oil, 4 drops fish sauce (optional); 2 – 3 T butter, coriander, lemon to serve.
- Gently brush the abalone to finish cleaning, and rinse with water. If stiff tenderize the meat. Pat dry with paper towel. Slice thinly cutting down towards bottom of foot.
- Mince garlic (2 cloves) and add a 1 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil and add this to abalone. Optional – a few drops of fish sauce (not more!)
- Mix and let marinate for 30 – 60 minutes.
4.Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan until just starting to foam.
- Add marinated abalone slices on med high heat and fry for 1-2 minute until just cooked. Take off heat immediately. Cooking too long will cause meat to toughen.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander and a slice of lemon over couscous.